Paint 3D Explained: 10 super useful tricks (Windows 10)
Paint 3D is a creative workshop that comes as a nice & free addition to Windows 10.
Although it looks easy-to-use and feels intuitive, in truth, it's an effective application that offers a variety of 2D & 3D effects for both work and fun. What's even better you don't need to be a well-seasoned designer – Paint 3D is perfect even for beginners. This software is user-friendly and it comes with an extensive 3D library that allows to both edit and make totally new 3D images.
Let's get it started: Paint 3D’s essentials
1) Brushes: Increase your creative palette with brushes that imitate authentic tools, leaving no blots or smudges. If you need a more realistic feel, employ transparent watercolor to wash your work, until you achieve that life-like effect of the blur. These wonderful brushes can be applied to both canvas and 3D models, allowing you to give your work a unique touch of your creative genius.
2) 2D Shapes: Line/curve tool plus a native collection of 2D shapes enable you to design any shape you need. The angle of a shape can be easily adjusted with the control tools. The Make 3D function magically turns a 2D shape into a rotatable layer - simply click on it.
That's where you can see what it looks like.
3) 3D Shapes: You can begin your journey with 3D in numerous ways. Utilize a library of the ready-to-use 2D shapes to design a new model instantly. In case you need to add new dimensions to a 2D image of yours, try the 3D doodle-tool. You can mimic a design from a picture or draw it manually and then just observe its smooth transformation into a tweakable 3D image. The razor-sharp 3D doodle is good for making needlelike lines - excellent for drawing geometrical figures. The soft 3D doodle is good for designing smooth, fluffy-like objects - clouds, pillows, frothy latte, Valentine's hearts.
Use 3D doodle highlight a 2D image in order to make it 3D later.
Additional options include:
1) Stickers: A tool that gives your work some extra textures. Employ it to test various materials first-hand: glass, stone, wood, plastic etc. Moreover, you can create your own textures by uploading a picture. The application will do the work itself - you need no special skills. The opacity of any given sticker is changeable as well.
2) Text: If you need to say something - put the words on your work! 2D Text attaches your message to the canvas and 3D Text makes it movable and rotatable.
3) Effects: Add to your visual landscape the genuine atmosphere and emotional vibe by altering lighting, depth, perspective etc. Even the sunlight direction is controllable through a special option.
4) Canvas: The virtual canvas is a believable replica of actual material. It enables you to do resizing, dimensional adjustment and also 2D regime can be disabled in case you want to contour a 3D model right away.
5) Magic Select: A simple function, using which you can highlight a specific part of a picture that you want to disappear and then just remove it painlessly. Especially if it's in the background. Magic Select turns the highlighted area into a new layer and then removes it, concealing any notches or gaps whatsoever by default.
6) 3D library: It gives you access to a colossal collection of pre-made 3D models. You can pick something you like straight from the catalogue or use the search bar to find something specific. In one click you can add all the 3D models you want to the project and commence the artistic process.
7) History Slider: Basically it's an "infinite" undo/re-do button that helps you fix mistakes or return to an earlier/older version of your project. That function carefully documents every step you make and then, in case something goes wrong, gives you a key to time-travelling. And if you are in a mood for making a short video-tutorial, the "record" button is always at your service.
8) 3D View mode: This option enables you to observe your creation from every angle possible. The function of zooming in and out is also present, so you can monitor the mistakes or drawbacks of the project to have them fixed.
9) Mixed Reality: Send your 3D creation to the Mixed Reality Viewer software - it allows you to have a better, more precise vision of how your 3D creation interacts with the real world environments. If you want to share your vision with colleagues/collaborators/friends - simply take a picture or make a video, starring your 3D model.
With Paint 3D you can unleash your artistic genius and make your concept, ideas and vision come to fruition. But fewer words, more action: install Paint 3D for free and experiment now.
If you're only beginning and don't know which amazing option to try first, watch these tutorials.